Monday 15 July 2013

Will this be a School for local Children?

Firstly I would like to start with why I am happy to send my child to Khalsa Secondary Academy. Being a non-Sikh I know that school is open to all children irrespective of faith, race and creed.

Furthermore I am aware that 50% of the intake during coming years will be reserved for non-Sikhs (dependant on applications made for admission). Based on what I have seen and heard from the vision put forward by the Head Teacher who is also a non- Sikh, it is envisaged that this School will become one of the best non selective schools in South Bucks within five years of opening. Furthermore, I am confident that the school will build upon the ‘exceptional’ achievements of the Khalsa Primary School, which Ofsted recognised as an outstanding School.

For the purpose of this posting, I wanted to look further into the issue where it has been continuously stated that this school will not serve the local community and that many pupils will travel 12 to 14 miles and come from West London.

For the record, I have met with the School management team who helped me to personally analyse the Pupil data and I can conclude with the following facts and figures.

From auditable research it was established:


76% of the 2013 school enrollment will be commuting less than 5 miles to the Pioneer House site.

This can be contrasted with the School Children who reside within Stoke Poges and travel over 5 miles to attend Chalfont’s Community College and Beaconsfield High School. 

Furthermore, there is a total of 7 children out of 120 who will be traveling to the Pioneer site from West London.

Please take the points above into context, when reading posts, comments and articles which state otherwise.
 

I will leave it for you to decide if this is a school for local children. Based on the facts above I truly believe that it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment